OK, so it is actually 14 (ten just sounds so nice).
Actually, our friends over at SEOmoz have complied a list of tips for link building for personal bloggers. These guys know their stuff and I strongly recommend their SEO tools for anyone seriously considering working in the wonderful world of SEO. This applies to in-house SEO or as an agency or consultant.
On with the list then.
I am going to give all 14 points here, if you would like a more elaborate definition, Rand has done a fine job on his website to clarify and answer most any concern you may have on any of these. As is usual with SEO, this list is informative yet the work can be very labor intensive. Be forewarned… Bloggin aint easy!
- Generic Directories Are… Well, Too Generic
- Niche Blog Directories Can Be Much More Effective
- Well-Targeted Searches Can Reveal lots of Link Opportunities
- Participate and Answer Questions in Forums / Q+A Sites
- Submit Your Best Work to Relevant Social Sites
- Use social media (twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, etc…) on Every Post
- Guest Post Strategically
- Maintain a Smart, Targeted Blogroll
- Traditional Media Still Holds Value
- Don’t Buy Links
- Attend (real not just virtual) Local Meetups & Free Events
- Network and build relationships
- Use New Technology on Your Site that will Enhance Your Reach
- Build Links into Your Online “Bio”
Lots to do here. And this does not just apply to bloggers. Great information for all kinds of websites looking to build some link love.
Published On: Nov 19, 2010