SEO is not all about content alone. Web design is a great way to move your page up the ranks. Since Google, Yahoo!, Bing and others have gotten a tight leash on search engines every step you make is important. Make an effortless step in the right direction by giving your webpage a Miami SEO makeover.
Touch up your company website by adding the following.
- Blog: A company blog is a way to add unique, relevant and quality content. Search engines will eat this up. Make sure to update this every week and add a place where visitors can comment on what they read. Have control over comments by removing spam.
- Analytics: While it shouldn’t show up on the webpage itself analytics should be available for the company to view. It will show you how your site is doing in so many ways. Bounce rates, number of visitors, goal tracking, event tracking, click-through and other features are examples of what web analytics can offer.
- Tags: Meta tags and title tags are adored by SEO because search engines can organize their results according to what the tag says. Meta tags tell search engine visitors in one or two sentences what the site is about. It also describes what is on each page. Keyword tags are best used in the title tags; it will explain the content and make SEO spiders happy. Title tags names content on your site.
- User Badges: Share content with a passion by adding user badges on the site. Encourage readers to share your content and reward them with user badges to add to their site. It encourages interaction and brings the online community closer.
Making small changes to the website makes a big difference in SEO. Not too many sites tell you what to remove. Too much of something is a bad thing. Cut back on the pizzazz and clutter to bring style and substance to your site.
- Repetitive Words: Filling up blogs and articles with useless words is a great way to fill up space, but not good to audiences. Visitors crave useful information that’s unique and relevant not a bunch of filler. This turns off audiences and causes your sites to be penalized and possibly banned.
- Java & Flash: Your sites look flashy by adding Adobe Flash and Java but it’s also hard for SEO. Search engine spiders find it difficult to search through the glitz and glamour of the site to reach the content. Less is more.
- Large Media Files: Large media files slow down page load time. Make video files as small as it can be but keep the clear, crisp and viewable portion of the video file. Better yet, use Youtube to host your video and just embed them into your page. The best photos are in .gif, .png, and .jpeg format, not bitmap.
Contact us for more information about web design and how we can make your site SEO friendly.
Categorized in: SEO - Search Engine Optimization
Published On: May 30, 2013