Learning search engine optimization (SEO) can seem like a job all in itself to a newbie. But don’t worry, there is a science to it. The major search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing reward web pages based on an evolving set of ranking factors.
Keep in mind that some ranking factors outweigh others, and that having one or two factors associated with your website will not guarantee a top ranking in the search engine results. To increase your company’s search engine visibility you should use a variety of the following ranking factors, or signals, as advised by a trusted Florida SEO company.
On Page SEO
- HTML – Make sure the correct keywords are used to describe your headline tags, meta descriptions, and title tags.
- Content – Make sure your websites content is well written, free of errors, well researched, injected with relevant keywords and phrases, and helps the visitor solve a problem or fulfill a need. Also make sure your content aims to engage the reader and is constantly updated.
- Architecture – Make sure your website can be easily scanned by search engine “crawlers”. Make sure your website loads quickly and URL’s contain appropriate keywords and phrases.
Off Page SEO
- Links – Make sure the quality of links pointing to your website are from other quality, trustworthy and authoritative websites.
- Social – Try to get your social media updates shared by as many people as possible.
- Authority – Make sure the combination of links and shares associated with your site are organic and of high quality to establish your site as an authority in the eyes of the search engines.
- Thin Content – Get rid of any thin, shallow or spammy content that does not help the reader.
- Keywords – Keep a well balanced number of keywords and phrases on each page to avoid being seen as spam by the search engines.
- Cloaking – Avoid showing the search engines one page and then taking real visitors to a completely different page.
- Link Spam – Avoid paying for hundreds or thousands of links, which will only make your website look like spam.
- Use organic methods from your Florida SEO provider instead.
While there are plenty of methods to catapult your way to the top of the search engine rankings, there are also a number of ways to get your website penalized or completely deindexed from the search engines altogether. For this reason, it is highly advised for any reputable business to utilize a professional SEO company for maximum results.
For a free consultation or further information, feel free to contact us right away.
Categorized in: SEO - Search Engine Optimization
Published On: Jun 20, 2013